Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > downloading vehicle updates
downloading vehicle updates

2329 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-14 07:45:25

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    MikeP
    2015-03-12 14:10:10
    Sorry if this is old info but I noticed that the order in which you download updates can help save some time. For vehicles that are from the same manufacturer, if you download the luxury division vehicle first you don't need to download the parent one. Just exit and come back to update after installing the luxury vehicle and notice the parent vehicle update will no longer appear.

For example today's downloads were Benz and Maybach. If you download Benz first you still need to download Maybach even though they are in the same family and same folder in the tool. There is a Maybach folder but just for logo and pointer to Benz folder.

If you download Maybach first, this will include Benz and save you downloading both files. This is the same for Acura/Honda, Lexus/Toyota, Infinity/Nissan, etc.

My MaxiSys download speed is really slow so any time I can save is great, especially for lager files.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-03-14 07:45:25 (Reply to:MikeP)

I agree this could be done in a better and more efficient way, even though I don't have trouble updating like this (just connect it and do 'all updates' over night). Then again, our internet speed is about 10mb. a second (effectively, advertised as 50mb a/sec theoratically) over here so it's more up to Autel's servers to get the data faster in my case then the other way around :)
  Total1 Pages